June 24, 2009

Mnth Mbaez Projekt

So I've decided on a project to undertake now that it's summer. The other day, I decided to make a list of all my favourite basslines...fifteen of them or so. I've found that all I really need in a song is a good bassline - everything else can be just terrible, and I won't notice. And I want you all to hear these basslines the way I hear them!

My original plan was to just write about each of them and post youtube links. This plan was quickly crushed when I discovered that not only were some songs inaccessible on the internet, but the ones that were around were of horrifically bad quality! Therefore, I've decided to record these basslines myself, with any other instruments necessary for context, and post them along with my thoughts on them. I'll aim to post one every couple of days. The first is already underway!

2 comments:

Nick.B said...

That will be interesting. Can't wait to hear the basslines.

Iris said...

cute! looking forward to it. :)